s3redirect.com is a browser hijacker. s3redirect.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
s3redirect.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by s3redirect.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because s3redirect.com collects data from your browser, s3redirect.com is also classified as an adware program (virus).
Vil APP browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to s3redirect.com and the Vil APP browser extension has been installed, remove the Vil APP extension as soon as possible using this Vil APP removal instruction.
Uninstall Vil APP extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Vil APP” browser extension and click Remove. Basically, remove any extension with “APP” in the name!
Uninstall Vil APP extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Vil APP” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Vil APP extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Vil APP from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Vil APP add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Vil APP from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Vil APP Search and Remove Vil APP Search.
Do you still have Vil APP in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Vil APP and click Uninstall.
- Follow Vil APP uninstall instructions.
Remove s3redirect.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing s3redirect.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
s3redirect.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove s3redirect.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the s3redirect.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed s3redirect.com from your computer and browser.