Search-checker.com is a known as a browser hijacker. Search-checker.com browser hijacker adds modifications to the homepage and search engine of the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge browser.
Search-checker.com is regularly provided on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in fact, that is a browser hijacker that collects all varieties of information out of your browser.
The statistics gathered by Search-checker.com is used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Search-checker.com collects data out of your browser, Search-checker.com is likewise categorized as a spyware program (virus).
Search Checker browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. No browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as annoying.
If your private home web page has changed to Search-checker.com and the Search Checker browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Search Checker extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings.
Remove Search Checker
Uninstall Search Checker extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search Checker” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Search Checker extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search Checker” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Search Checker extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Search Checker from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Search Checker add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Search Checker from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Search Checker Search and Remove Search Checker Search.
Do you still have Search Checker in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Search Checker and click Uninstall.
- Follow Search Checker uninstall instructions.
Remove Search-checker.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Search-checker.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Search-checker.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Search-checker.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Search-checker.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Search-checker.com from your computer and browser.