Search.hmyofficetools.co is a browser hijacker. Search.hmyofficetools.co redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. My Office Tools redirects the browser through Search
Search.hmyofficetools.co is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, My Office Tools is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Search.hmyofficetools.co are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Search.hmyofficetools.co collects data out of your browser, My Office Tools is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When My Office Tools is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Search.hmyofficetools.co.
- You notice a new My Office Tools toolbar in your browser.
- My Office Tools might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
My Office Tools browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Search.hmyofficetools.co and the My Office Tools browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the My Office Tools extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove My Office Tools
Uninstall My Office Tools extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My Office Tools” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove My Office Tools extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall My Office Tools extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My Office Tools” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the My Office Tools extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove My Office Tools from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall My Office Tools add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove My Office Tools from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find My Office Tools Search and Remove My Office Tools Search.
Do you still have My Office Tools in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select My Office Tools and click Uninstall.
- Follow My Office Tools uninstall instructions.
Remove Search.hmyofficetools.co with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Search.hmyofficetools.co with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Search.hmyofficetools.co adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Search.hmyofficetools.co with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Search.hmyofficetools.co detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Search.hmyofficetools.co from your computer and browser.