Search.mynewsfree.com is a browser hijacker. Search.mynewsfree.com redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. My News Free redirects the browser through Search
Search.mynewsfree.com is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, My News Free is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Search.mynewsfree.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Search.mynewsfree.com collects data out of your browser, My News Free is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When My News Free is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Search.mynewsfree.com.
- You notice a new My News Free toolbar in your browser.
- My News Free might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
My News Free browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Search.mynewsfree.com and the My News Free browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the My News Free extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove My News Free
Uninstall My News Free extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My News Free” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove My News Free extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall My News Free extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My News Free” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the My News Free extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove My News Free from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall My News Free add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove My News Free from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find My News Free Search and Remove My News Free Search.
Do you still have My News Free in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select My News Free and click Uninstall.
- Follow My News Free uninstall instructions.
Remove Search.mynewsfree.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Search.mynewsfree.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Search.mynewsfree.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Search.mynewsfree.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Search.mynewsfree.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Search.mynewsfree.com from your computer and browser.