Search60.com is a browser hijacker. Search60.com redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Search60 redirects the browser through Search60.com.
Search60.com is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Search60 is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Search60.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Search60.com collects data out of your browser, Search60 is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Search60 is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Search60.com.
- You notice a new Search60 toolbar in your browser.
- Search60 might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Search60 browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Search60.com and the Search60 browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Search60 extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Search60 extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search60” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Search60 extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Search60 extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search60” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Search60 extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Search60 from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Search60 add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Search60 from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Search60 Search and Remove Search60 Search.
Do you still have Search60 in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Search60 and click Uninstall.
- Follow Search60 uninstall instructions.
Remove Search60.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Search60.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Search60.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Search60.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Search60.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Search60.com from your computer and browser.