SearchConverters is a browser hijacker. SearchConverters redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. SearchConverters redirects the browser.
SearchConverters is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, SearchConverters is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by SearchConverters are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because SearchConverters collects data out of your browser, SearchConverters is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When SearchConverters is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to SearchConverters.
- You notice a new SearchConverters toolbar in your browser.
- SearchConverters might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
SearchConverters browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to SearchConverters and the SearchConverters browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the SearchConverters extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall SearchConverters extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchConverters” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the SearchConverters extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall SearchConverters extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchConverters” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SearchConverters extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SearchConverters from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SearchConverters add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SearchConverters from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SearchConverters Search and Remove SearchConverters Search.
Do you still have SearchConverters in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SearchConverters and click Uninstall.
- Follow SearchConverters uninstall instructions.
Remove SearchConverters with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SearchConverters with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SearchConverters adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SearchConverters with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SearchConverters detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SearchConverters from your computer and browser.