Searchgoose.com is a browser hijacker. Searchgoose.com redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Search Goose redirects the browser through Searchgoose.com.
Searchgoose.com is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Search Goose is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Searchgoose.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Searchgoose.com collects data out of your browser, Search Goose is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Search Goose is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Searchgoose.com.
- You notice a new Search Goose toolbar in your browser.
- Search Goose might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Search Goose browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Searchgoose.com and the Search Goose browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Search Goose extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Search Goose extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search Goose” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Search Goose extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Search Goose extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Search Goose” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Search Goose extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Search Goose from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Search Goose add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Search Goose from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Search Goose Search and Remove Search Goose Search.
Do you still have Search Goose in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Search Goose and click Uninstall.
- Follow Search Goose uninstall instructions.
Remove Searchgoose.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Searchgoose.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Searchgoose.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Searchgoose.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Searchgoose.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Searchgoose.com from your computer and browser.