Searchnets.xyz is a browser hijacker. Searchnets.xyz redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. WRTenets redirects the browser through Searchnets.xyz.
Searchnets.xyz is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, WRTenets is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Searchnets.xyz are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Searchnets.xyz collects data out of your browser, WRTenets is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When WRTenets is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Searchnets.xyz.
- You notice a new WRTenets toolbar in your browser.
- WRTenets might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
WRTenets browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Searchnets.xyz and the WRTenets browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the WRTenets extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall WRTenets extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “WRTenets” browser extension and click Remove. Remove all extensions you do not know!!
Can’t remove WRTenets extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall WRTenets extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “WRTenets” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the WRTenets extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove WRTenets from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall WRTenets add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove WRTenets from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find WRTenets Search and Remove WRTenets Search.
Do you still have WRTenets in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select WRTenets and click Uninstall.
- Follow WRTenets uninstall instructions.
Remove Searchnets.xyz with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Searchnets.xyz with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Searchnets.xyz adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Searchnets.xyz with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Searchnets.xyz detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Searchnets.xyz from your computer and browser.