SearchSpace is a browser hijacker. SearchSpace redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. SearchSpace redirects the browser.
SearchSpace is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, SearchSpace is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by SearchSpace are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because SearchSpace collects data out of your browser, SearchSpace is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When SearchSpace is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to SearchSpace.
- You notice a new SearchSpace toolbar in your browser.
- SearchSpace might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
SearchSpace browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to SearchSpace and the SearchSpace browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the SearchSpace extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall SearchSpace extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchSpace” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the SearchSpace extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall SearchSpace extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchSpace” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SearchSpace extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SearchSpace from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SearchSpace add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SearchSpace from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SearchSpace Search and Remove SearchSpace Search.
Do you still have SearchSpace in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SearchSpace and click Uninstall.
- Follow SearchSpace uninstall instructions.
Remove SearchSpace with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SearchSpace with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SearchSpace adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SearchSpace with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SearchSpace detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SearchSpace from your computer and browser.