SearchThatMovie is a browser hijacker. SearchThatMovie redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. SearchThatMovie redirects the browser.
SearchThatMovie is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, SearchThatMovie is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by SearchThatMovie are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because SearchThatMovie collects data out of your browser, SearchThatMovie is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When SearchThatMovie is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to SearchThatMovie.
- You notice a new SearchThatMovie toolbar in your browser.
- SearchThatMovie might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
SearchThatMovie browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to SearchThatMovie and the SearchThatMovie browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the SearchThatMovie extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall SearchThatMovie extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchThatMovie” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the SearchThatMovie extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall SearchThatMovie extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchThatMovie” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SearchThatMovie extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SearchThatMovie from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SearchThatMovie add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SearchThatMovie from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SearchThatMovie Search and Remove SearchThatMovie Search.
Do you still have SearchThatMovie in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SearchThatMovie and click Uninstall.
- Follow SearchThatMovie uninstall instructions.
Remove SearchThatMovie with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SearchThatMovie with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SearchThatMovie adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SearchThatMovie with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SearchThatMovie detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SearchThatMovie from your computer and browser.