SearchWorld is a browser hijacker. SearchWorld redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. SearchWorld redirects the browser.
SearchWorld is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, SearchWorld is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by SearchWorld are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because SearchWorld collects data out of your browser, SearchWorld is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When SearchWorld is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to SearchWorld.
- You notice a new SearchWorld toolbar in your browser.
- SearchWorld might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
SearchWorld browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to SearchWorld and the SearchWorld browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the SearchWorld extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall SearchWorld extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchWorld” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the SearchWorld extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall SearchWorld extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SearchWorld” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SearchWorld extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SearchWorld from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SearchWorld add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SearchWorld from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SearchWorld Search and Remove SearchWorld Search.
Do you still have SearchWorld in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SearchWorld and click Uninstall.
- Follow SearchWorld uninstall instructions.
Remove SearchWorld with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SearchWorld with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SearchWorld adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SearchWorld with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SearchWorld detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SearchWorld from your computer and browser.