SopitaAm is a browser hijacker. SopitaAm redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. SopitaAm redirects the browser.
SopitaAm is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, SopitaAm is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by SopitaAm are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because SopitaAm collects data out of your browser, SopitaAm is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When SopitaAm is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to SopitaAm.
- You notice a new SopitaAm toolbar in your browser.
- SopitaAm might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
SopitaAm browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to SopitaAm and the SopitaAm browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the SopitaAm extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall SopitaAm extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SopitaAm” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the SopitaAm extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall SopitaAm extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SopitaAm” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SopitaAm extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SopitaAm from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SopitaAm add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SopitaAm from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SopitaAm Search and Remove SopitaAm Search.
Do you still have SopitaAm in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SopitaAm and click Uninstall.
- Follow SopitaAm uninstall instructions.
Remove SopitaAm with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SopitaAm with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SopitaAm adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SopitaAm with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SopitaAm detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SopitaAm from your computer and browser.