SportsSearcher is a browser hijacker. SportsSearcher redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. SportsSearcher redirects the browser.
SportsSearcher is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, SportsSearcher is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by SportsSearcher are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because SportsSearcher collects data out of your browser, SportsSearcher is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When SportsSearcher is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to SportsSearcher.
- You notice a new SportsSearcher toolbar in your browser.
- SportsSearcher might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
SportsSearcher browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to SportsSearcher and the SportsSearcher browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the SportsSearcher extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall SportsSearcher extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SportsSearcher” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the SportsSearcher extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall SportsSearcher extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “SportsSearcher” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the SportsSearcher extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove SportsSearcher from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall SportsSearcher add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove SportsSearcher from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find SportsSearcher Search and Remove SportsSearcher Search.
Do you still have SportsSearcher in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select SportsSearcher and click Uninstall.
- Follow SportsSearcher uninstall instructions.
Remove SportsSearcher with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing SportsSearcher with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
SportsSearcher adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove SportsSearcher with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the SportsSearcher detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed SportsSearcher from your computer and browser.