Sportstream-search.com is a browser hijacker. Sportstream-search.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Sportstream-search.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Sportstream-search.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Sportstream-search.com collects data from your browser, Sportstream-search.com is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Sportstream Search browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Sportstream-search.com and the Sportstream Search browser extension has been installed, remove the Sportstream Search extension as soon as possible using this Sportstream Search removal instruction.
Remove Sportstream Search
Uninstall Sportstream Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Sportstream Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Sportstream Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Sportstream Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Sportstream Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Sportstream Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Sportstream Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Sportstream Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Sportstream Search Search and Remove Sportstream Search Search.
Do you still have Sportstream Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Sportstream Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow Sportstream Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Sportstream-search.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Sportstream-search.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Sportstream-search.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Sportstream-search.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Sportstream-search.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Sportstream-search.com from your computer and browser.