Stormsearch.net is a browser hijacker. Stormsearch.net browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Stormsearch.net is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Stormsearch.net is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Stormsearch.net collects data from your browser, Stormsearch.net is also classified as an adware program (virus).
Storm Search browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Stormsearch.net and the Storm Search browser extension has been installed, remove the Storm Search extension as soon as possible using this Storm Search removal instruction.
Remove Storm Search
Uninstall Storm Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Storm Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Storm Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Storm Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Storm Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Storm Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Storm Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Storm Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Storm Search Search and Remove Storm Search Search.
Do you still have Storm Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Storm Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow Storm Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Stormsearch.net with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Stormsearch.net with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Stormsearch.net adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Stormsearch.net with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Stormsearch.net detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Stormsearch.net from your computer and browser.