StreamBee is a browser hijacker. StreamBee redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. StreamBee redirects the browser.
StreamBee is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, StreamBee is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by StreamBee are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because StreamBee collects data out of your browser, StreamBee is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When StreamBee is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to StreamBee.
- You notice a new StreamBee toolbar in your browser.
- StreamBee might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
StreamBee browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to StreamBee and the StreamBee browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the StreamBee extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall StreamBee extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “StreamBee” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the StreamBee extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall StreamBee extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “StreamBee” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the StreamBee extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove StreamBee from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall StreamBee add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove StreamBee from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find StreamBee Search and Remove StreamBee Search.
Do you still have StreamBee in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select StreamBee and click Uninstall.
- Follow StreamBee uninstall instructions.
Remove StreamBee with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing StreamBee with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
StreamBee adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove StreamBee with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the StreamBee detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed StreamBee from your computer and browser.