StreamSearchVault is a browser hijacker. StreamSearchVault redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. StreamSearchVault redirects the browser.
StreamSearchVault is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, StreamSearchVault is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by StreamSearchVault are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because StreamSearchVault collects data out of your browser, StreamSearchVault is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When StreamSearchVault is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to StreamSearchVault.
- You notice a new StreamSearchVault toolbar in your browser.
- StreamSearchVault might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
StreamSearchVault browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to StreamSearchVault and the StreamSearchVault browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the StreamSearchVault extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall StreamSearchVault extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “StreamSearchVault” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the StreamSearchVault extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall StreamSearchVault extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “StreamSearchVault” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the StreamSearchVault extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove StreamSearchVault from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall StreamSearchVault add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove StreamSearchVault from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find StreamSearchVault Search and Remove StreamSearchVault Search.
Do you still have StreamSearchVault in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select StreamSearchVault and click Uninstall.
- Follow StreamSearchVault uninstall instructions.
Remove StreamSearchVault with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing StreamSearchVault with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
StreamSearchVault adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove StreamSearchVault with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the StreamSearchVault detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed StreamSearchVault from your computer and browser.