StreamSiteSearch is a browser hijacker. StreamSiteSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. StreamSiteSearch redirects the browser.
StreamSiteSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, StreamSiteSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by StreamSiteSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because StreamSiteSearch collects data out of your browser, StreamSiteSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When StreamSiteSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to StreamSiteSearch.
- You notice a new StreamSiteSearch toolbar in your browser.
- StreamSiteSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
StreamSiteSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to StreamSiteSearch and the StreamSiteSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the StreamSiteSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall StreamSiteSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “StreamSiteSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the StreamSiteSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall StreamSiteSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “StreamSiteSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the StreamSiteSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove StreamSiteSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall StreamSiteSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove StreamSiteSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find StreamSiteSearch Search and Remove StreamSiteSearch Search.
Do you still have StreamSiteSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select StreamSiteSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow StreamSiteSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove StreamSiteSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing StreamSiteSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
StreamSiteSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove StreamSiteSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the StreamSiteSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed StreamSiteSearch from your computer and browser.