StreamSpotSearch is a browser hijacker. StreamSpotSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. StreamSpotSearch redirects the browser.
StreamSpotSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, StreamSpotSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by StreamSpotSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because StreamSpotSearch collects data out of your browser, StreamSpotSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When StreamSpotSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to StreamSpotSearch.
- You notice a new StreamSpotSearch toolbar in your browser.
- StreamSpotSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
StreamSpotSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to StreamSpotSearch and the StreamSpotSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the StreamSpotSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall StreamSpotSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “StreamSpotSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the StreamSpotSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall StreamSpotSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “StreamSpotSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the StreamSpotSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove StreamSpotSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall StreamSpotSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove StreamSpotSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find StreamSpotSearch Search and Remove StreamSpotSearch Search.
Do you still have StreamSpotSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select StreamSpotSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow StreamSpotSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove StreamSpotSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing StreamSpotSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
StreamSpotSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove StreamSpotSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the StreamSpotSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed StreamSpotSearch from your computer and browser.