TailFinder is a browser hijacker. TailFinder redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. TailFinder redirects the browser.
TailFinder is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, TailFinder is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by TailFinder are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because TailFinder collects data out of your browser, TailFinder is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When TailFinder is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to TailFinder.
- You notice a new TailFinder toolbar in your browser.
- TailFinder might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
TailFinder browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to TailFinder and the TailFinder browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the TailFinder extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall TailFinder extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TailFinder” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the TailFinder extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall TailFinder extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TailFinder” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the TailFinder extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove TailFinder from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall TailFinder add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove TailFinder from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find TailFinder Search and Remove TailFinder Search.
Do you still have TailFinder in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select TailFinder and click Uninstall.
- Follow TailFinder uninstall instructions.
Remove TailFinder with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing TailFinder with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
TailFinder adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove TailFinder with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the TailFinder detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed TailFinder from your computer and browser.