Tailsearch.com is a browser hijacker. Tailsearch.com browser hijacker enumerates changes to the homepage and the browser’s search-engine of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge.
Tailsearch.com is regularly presented on the internet as a helpful homepage. However, in fact, Tailsearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all varieties of computer information out of your browser.
The statistics gathered by Tailsearch.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Tailsearch.com collects data out of your browser, Tailsearch.com is likewise categorized as a spyware program (virus).
Tailsearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage has changed to Tailsearch.com and the Ecogreen APP browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Tailsearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Ecogreen APP extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Ecogreen APP” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Ecogreen APP extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Ecogreen APP” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Tailsearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Tailsearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Ecogreen APP add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Ecogreen APP from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Tailsearch Search and Remove Tailsearch Search.
Do you still have Tailsearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Ecogreen APP and click Uninstall.
- Follow Ecogreen APP uninstall instructions.
Remove Tailsearch.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Tailsearch.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Tailsearch.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Tailsearch.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Tailsearch.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Tailsearch.com from your computer and browser.