TheMaskSearch.com is a browser hijacker. TheMaskSearch.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
TheMaskSearch.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by TheMaskSearch.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because TheMaskSearch.com collects data from your browser, TheMaskSearch.com is also classified as an adware program (virus).
TheMaskSearch browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to TheMaskSearch.com and the TheMaskSearch browser extension has been installed, remove the TheMaskSearch extension as soon as possible using this TheMaskSearch removal instruction.
Uninstall TheMaskSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TheMaskSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall TheMaskSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TheMaskSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the TheMaskSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove TheMaskSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall TheMaskSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove TheMaskSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find TheMaskSearch Search and Remove TheMaskSearch Search.
Do you still have TheMaskSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select TheMaskSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow TheMaskSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove TheMaskSearch.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing TheMaskSearch.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
TheMaskSearch.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove TheMaskSearch.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the TheMaskSearch.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed TheMaskSearch.com from your computer and browser.