TheRocketArcade is a browser hijacker. TheRocketArcade redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. TheRocketArcade redirects the browser.
TheRocketArcade is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, TheRocketArcade is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by TheRocketArcade are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because TheRocketArcade collects data out of your browser, TheRocketArcade is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When TheRocketArcade is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to TheRocketArcade.
- You notice a new TheRocketArcade toolbar in your browser.
- TheRocketArcade might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
TheRocketArcade browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to TheRocketArcade and the TheRocketArcade browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the TheRocketArcade extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall TheRocketArcade extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TheRocketArcade” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the TheRocketArcade extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall TheRocketArcade extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TheRocketArcade” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the TheRocketArcade extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove TheRocketArcade from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall TheRocketArcade add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove TheRocketArcade from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find TheRocketArcade Search and Remove TheRocketArcade Search.
Do you still have TheRocketArcade in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select TheRocketArcade and click Uninstall.
- Follow TheRocketArcade uninstall instructions.
Remove TheRocketArcade with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing TheRocketArcade with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
TheRocketArcade adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove TheRocketArcade with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the TheRocketArcade detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed TheRocketArcade from your computer and browser.