Usearch.id is a browser hijacker. Usearch.id redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Usearch redirects the browser through Usearch.id.
Usearch.id is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Usearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Usearch.id are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Usearch.id collects data out of your browser, Usearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Usearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Usearch.id.
- You notice a new Usearch toolbar in your browser.
- Usearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Usearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Usearch.id and the Usearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Usearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Usearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Usearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Usearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Usearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Usearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Usearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Usearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Usearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Usearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Usearch Search and Remove Usearch Search.
Do you still have Usearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Usearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow Usearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Usearch.id with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Usearch.id with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Usearch.id adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Usearch.id with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Usearch.id detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Usearch.id from your computer and browser.