Vid-search.com is a browser hijacker. Vid-search.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Vid-search.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Vid-search.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Vid-search.com collects data from your browser, Vid-search.com is also classified as an adware program (virus).
VidSearch browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Vid-search.com and the VidSearch browser extension has been installed, remove the VidSearch extension as soon as possible using this VidSearch removal instruction.
Uninstall VidSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “VidSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall VidSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “VidSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the VidSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove VidSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall VidSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove VidSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find VidSearch Search and Remove VidSearch Search.
Do you still have VidSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select VidSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow VidSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Vid-search.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Vid-search.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Vid-search.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Vid-search.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Vid-search.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Vid-search.com from your computer and browser.