VideoSearchNet is a browser hijacker. VideoSearchNet redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. VideoSearchNet redirects the browser.
VideoSearchNet is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, VideoSearchNet is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by VideoSearchNet are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because VideoSearchNet collects data out of your browser, VideoSearchNet is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When VideoSearchNet is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to VideoSearchNet.
- You notice a new VideoSearchNet toolbar in your browser.
- VideoSearchNet might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
VideoSearchNet browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to VideoSearchNet and the VideoSearchNet browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the VideoSearchNet extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall VideoSearchNet extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “VideoSearchNet” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the VideoSearchNet extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall VideoSearchNet extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “VideoSearchNet” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the VideoSearchNet extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove VideoSearchNet from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall VideoSearchNet add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove VideoSearchNet from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find VideoSearchNet Search and Remove VideoSearchNet Search.
Do you still have VideoSearchNet in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select VideoSearchNet and click Uninstall.
- Follow VideoSearchNet uninstall instructions.
Remove VideoSearchNet with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing VideoSearchNet with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
VideoSearchNet adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove VideoSearchNet with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the VideoSearchNet detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed VideoSearchNet from your computer and browser.