WebSearchConverter is a browser hijacker. WebSearchConverter redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. WebSearchConverter redirects the browser.
WebSearchConverter is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, WebSearchConverter is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by WebSearchConverter are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because WebSearchConverter collects data out of your browser, WebSearchConverter is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When WebSearchConverter is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to WebSearchConverter.
- You notice a new WebSearchConverter toolbar in your browser.
- WebSearchConverter might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
WebSearchConverter browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to WebSearchConverter and the WebSearchConverter browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the WebSearchConverter extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall WebSearchConverter extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “WebSearchConverter” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the WebSearchConverter extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall WebSearchConverter extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “WebSearchConverter” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the WebSearchConverter extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove WebSearchConverter from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall WebSearchConverter add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove WebSearchConverter from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find WebSearchConverter Search and Remove WebSearchConverter Search.
Do you still have WebSearchConverter in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select WebSearchConverter and click Uninstall.
- Follow WebSearchConverter uninstall instructions.
Remove WebSearchConverter with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing WebSearchConverter with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
WebSearchConverter adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove WebSearchConverter with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the WebSearchConverter detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed WebSearchConverter from your computer and browser.