WinkiSearch is a browser hijacker. WinkiSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. WinkiSearch redirects the browser.
WinkiSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, WinkiSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by WinkiSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because WinkiSearch collects data out of your browser, WinkiSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When WinkiSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to WinkiSearch.
- You notice a new WinkiSearch toolbar in your browser.
- WinkiSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
WinkiSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to WinkiSearch and the WinkiSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the WinkiSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall WinkiSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “WinkiSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the WinkiSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall WinkiSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “WinkiSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the WinkiSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove WinkiSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall WinkiSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove WinkiSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find WinkiSearch Search and Remove WinkiSearch Search.
Do you still have WinkiSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select WinkiSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow WinkiSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove WinkiSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing WinkiSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
WinkiSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove WinkiSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the WinkiSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed WinkiSearch from your computer and browser.