Yootab is a browser hijacker. Yootab redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. Yootab redirects the browser.
Yootab is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Yootab is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Yootab are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Yootab collects data out of your browser, Yootab is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Yootab is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Yootab.
- You notice a new Yootab toolbar in your browser.
- Yootab might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Yootab browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to Yootab and the Yootab browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Yootab extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Yootab extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Yootab” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the Yootab extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Yootab extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Yootab” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Yootab extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Yootab from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Yootab add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Yootab from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Yootab Search and Remove Yootab Search.
Do you still have Yootab in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Yootab and click Uninstall.
- Follow Yootab uninstall instructions.
Remove Yootab with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Yootab with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Yootab adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Yootab with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Yootab detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Yootab from your computer and browser.