Woosh.pro is a browser hijacker. Woosh.pro browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Woosh.pro is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Woosh.pro is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Woosh.pro collects data from your browser, Woosh.pro is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Woosh browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Woosh.pro and the Woosh browser extension has been installed, remove the Woosh extension as soon as possible using this Woosh removal instruction.
Uninstall Woosh extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Woosh” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Woosh extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Woosh” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Woosh extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Woosh from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Woosh add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Woosh from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Woosh Search and Remove Woosh Search.
Do you still have Woosh in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Woosh and click Uninstall.
- Follow Woosh uninstall instructions.
Remove Woosh.pro with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Woosh.pro with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Woosh.pro adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Woosh.pro with Malwarebytes.
[wps_double_button left_btn_text=”Download Malwarebytes” left_desc=”Goto Malwarebytes download page” left_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” left_btn_target=”blank” left_icon=”cloud-download” left_background=”#2D89EF” left_color=”#FFFFFF” separator_text=”OR” right_btn_text=”More information” right_desc=”Learn more about Malwarebytes” right_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” right_btn_target=”blank” right_icon=”question-circle” right_background=”#2D89EF” right_color=”#FFFFFF” size=”18″ radius=”16″]
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Woosh.pro detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Woosh.pro from your computer and browser.