TR/Black.Gen2 is a malware virus identified by Avira Antivirus and multiple other antivirus and anti-malware applications. The TR/Black.Gen2 heuristic virus detection is categorized as a virus because it inflicts and acts as a malicious threat to your PC.
TR/Black.Gen2 modifies system files, creates new malware folders, installs new Windows tasks and creates new malware files in order to infect and compromise the computer system. TR/Black.Gen2 is a virus which is downloaded or detected on your PC while surfing the internet.
Most users have no idea how this TR/Black.Gen2 threat is installed on their computer until their antivirus software detects it as a malicious dangerous threat, malware or a virus. Below you find a few tips in order to prevent the TR/Black.Gen2 malware.
- Stay away from malicious web pages, these web pages include adult web pages and gambling web pages.
- Keep your operating system up to date.
- Update your browser to the latest version. Google Chrome, Firefox, download the latest Windows updates for Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Safari.
- Stay away from piracy software
- Do not click on phishing e-mails.
If your protection detected the TR/Black.Gen2 virus, it is not scheduled for deletion by default. TR/Black.Gen2 is detected as malicious and advised to put TR/Black.Gen2 to quarantine.
Remove TR/Black.Gen2 virus removal instructions
Use the following malware removal software to remove TR/Black.Gen2 malware from your computer.
All software is free or has a fully working trial license.
Remove TR/Black.Gen2 with MalwareBytes
Get rid of Malware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is free to use, detect and remove malware from your PC. Detect the latest adware, potentially unwanted programs and other malware with Malwarebytes. Protect your PC with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes works perfectly in addition to a virusscanner.
Run the Malwarebytes program installation file. Click here for Malwarebytes installation instructions.
Click Scan Now to start examining for malware.
Malwarebytes will start searching for malware, please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the malware scan.
Malwarebytes usually takes between 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
Once the malware scan is performed, Malwarebytes will present the results of the malware scan.
Remove the malware found by Malwarebytes using the Quarantine Selected button.
Wait for Malwarebytes to move all malware to quarantine.
Malwarebytes needs to make a system reboot to finish the malware removal process.
Save and close any working documents or open web pages and click Yes to reboot your PC.
After the system reboot, your PC is clean from malware. Stay protected with Malwarebytes against future threats. Malwarebytes stops adware, potentially unwanted programs, malicious web pages, suspicious downloads, viruses, spyware and ransomware from infecting your machine.
Remove TR/Black.Gen2 with Norton Power Eraser
Norton Power Eraser is a free virus removal tool that can be downloaded and run to remove malware and threats from your computer. You can run this tool to scan for threats even if you have a Symantec product or any other security product. If you cannot start the computer in Normal mode, you can run this tool in Safe mode. Norton Power Eraser is easy to download and scans your computer quickly to detect the most aggressive computer viruses. You don't need to install this tool.
- Detection and removal of Unwanted Applications (known as PUPs).
- Using the Advanced Scans detection of viruses.
- General Risks detection, removes any known malicious files.
- No installation required.
Remove TR/Black.Gen2 with Zemana Antivirus
Zemana Anti-Malware is an second opinion anti-malware scanner which uses Cloud technology for malware detection. Zemana is the fastest, smallest and most proactively malware scanner available. Zemana is its best in addition to a primary virus scanner or malware scanner such as Malwarebytes.
Open the Zemana anti-malware setup file.
Install Zemana anti-malware using the default settings, after successful installation Zemana anti-malware will update itself to the latest version.
Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan, wait for the scan to finish, this usually takes a few minutes.
Click the Next button to remove the malware found by Zemana on your computer.
Wait a couple of seconds for Zemana to remove the malware from your PC.
Your PC is successfully cleaned by Zemana. Zemana is an excellent protection for people searching for a lightweight malware detection and removal tool. Zemana is its best in addition to a more comprehensive antivirus or anti-malware security application such as Malwarebytes.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Using these instructions you can reset Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox to their default configuration.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you're using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data (recommended!).
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again, start Internet Explorer to see the results.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the "Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings" checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you start up or continue where you left off if you're on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.If you're unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
You might find these articles useful